Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Chez Nous

I've finally figured out how to post photos from my mobile phone to this blog. So, without further ado, I give you pictures from dinner at Chez Nous, about a week or two ago. I don't remember exactly - time flies while you're in dental school.


Spinakopita - spinach and feta in phyllo dough. Awesome.


Were these the Lamb Chops with Lavender Sea Salt? I don't remember.


Duck Confit, encrusted with Moroccan Spices


A pot of Chocolate. Very good. Decadent.


This creme brulee was one of the best I've ever had. Top 3 for sure.

French cake-things in creme anglaise. I don't remember what they were called.

There were also pommes frites with red pepper aioli ... i.e., fancy fries with fancy-pants mayo. Thanks again to Dr. and Mrs. Grafton for treating us to dinner that night.

4 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*drool* the desserts look scrumptious!!! :o9

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger anne said...

The french cake-things are caneles. They are pretty amazing. They are a Bordeaux specialty. Apparently, you use a lot of egg whites or something in wine-harvesting/making (I'm still trying to figure that one out) and some chef invented this to use all the leftover egg yolks. I don't know if that's completely true, but that's what some nice man in Bordeaux told me.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger fried beef sandwich said...

Hmm... that makes sense actually. About the egg whites - you add them to the wine (and stir?) and it picks up a lot of the sediment and dregs, clarifying it. Yet another thing that vegans can't have.

It's the same thing when you're making stock from scratch and are going for a consommé. For that, you add them in and whisk it around real fast, then strain, then do it again a few times.

I'm really jealous you've been to France. Good eats there.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger SuperLefty said...

wow. i never knew you were such a foody! then again, i've never cooked with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home