Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Rice Cycle

Every so often, I'll go grocery shopping and return with 4 dozen eggs. This usually happens whenever eggs go on sale and/or I'm trying to be healthy by eating egg-white scrambles for breakfast every morning. Still, burning through 48 eggs before the expiration date is quite an ordeal. So how do I -- a single twenty-something male with a busy school schedule and little time to spare for cooking -- accomplish this feat?

Easy. I present to you now:

The 12-Step Rice Cycle for Massive Egg Consumption
  1. Cook 6 cups of rice.
  2. Consume 1 to 3 cups of rice with leftover stir fry.
  3. Place leftover rice in giant Tupperware. Allow rice to languish in the refrigerator for a while.
  4. Complain that you have nothing left to eat.
  5. Open refrigerator. Find old rice.
  6. Crack a dozen eggs, separating 2/3 of the yolks. Make fried rice.
  7. For the next few days, consume fried rice for lunch.
  8. Are lunches boring now? Why not make some stir fry?
  9. Create four pounds of stir fry.
  10. Finish fried rice with fresh stir fry. You should still have a lot of stir fry left.
  11. Son-of-a-bitch, I can't eat stir fry without rice...
  12. Cook 6 cups of rice.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, I can now recycle my rice by cooking a stir fried recipe. Thanks for sharing this here and I hope that I can make it on my own. I have a recipe for stir fry sauce here and I will try to put on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home